It is Adaelta's mission to contribute to resilient delta’s, estuaries, coasts and river basins, while providing value to society and nature by restoring, protecting and sustaining people and planet. We believe that it is vital to work with nature where possible. Nature-based solutions should be the preferred option for adaptation along coasts and rivers and in estuaries and deltas.
- Adaelta provides interim management services, specialised consultancy services, project and programme management services aimed at creating, implementing and upscaling Nature-based solutions for adaptation along coasts and rivers and in estuaries and deltas.
- Adaelta works on research, innovation and education by contributing to curriculae at university, guide students during educational projects (Master or Bachelor thesis, Joint Interdisciplinary projects), manage or supervise innovation programmes and knowledge institutes.
- Adaelta works on dissemination of knowledge, experience and competencies by organising and contributing to events, to contribute to curricula, by publicizing articles, blogs and newsletters and organizing and managing communities.
- Adaelta assists in trade promotion and international business development by organizing networking platforms, act as mission leader to relevant trade fairs and contribute to international panels and events.
BUILDING WITH NATURE
The multitude and magnitude of challenges together with uncertainty about future developments make it necessary to use better solutions for societal challenges than before. Adaelta proposes to tackle challenges as much as possible via the principles of Building with Nature.
Building with Nature is:
- A process to create Nature-Based Solutions
- A multi sector approach (public and private sector, knowledge institutes, NGO’s)
- Co-creation by technical, ecological and social disciplines
- Based on understanding of the system on a landscape scale
- An inclusive approach working with communities
Building with Nature was originally designed by Ronald Waterman in The Netherlands and further developed by EcoShape in the innovation program Building with Nature. Nature-Based Solutions are actions that work with and enhance natural habitats and systems to help address societal challenges.
By Building with Nature where possible, resilient and adaptive Nature-Based Solutions can be achieved. These solutions do not only address the main function for which they are designed, but have side benefits, such as increased bio-diversity, carbon capture and storage and recreational and health functions. Building with Nature and Nature-Based Solutions are not yet seen as proven concepts.