It is Adaelta's mission to connect solution seekers with the power of Nature-Based Solutions to provide value to our society and nature by restoring, protecting and sustaining our people and planet.
- Adaelta provides specialised consultancy services, project management and programme management services aimed at creating, implementing and upscaling Nature-based solutions for climate adaptation along coasts and rivers and in estuaries and deltas.
- Adaelta keeps track of knowledge development and identifies gaps in the knowledge portfolio for the application of nature-based solutions. Where possible Adaelta contributes to knowledge development and innovation to close these gaps or stimulates others to do so.
- Adaelta works on dissemination of knowledge, experience and competencies by organising and contributing to events, to contribute to curricula and by publicising.
BUILDING WITH NATURE
The multitude and magnitude of challenges together with uncertainty about future developments make it necessary to use better solutions for societal challenges than before. Adaelta proposes to tackle challenges as much as possible via the principles of Building with Nature.
Building with Nature is:
- A process to create Nature-Based Solutions
- A multi sector approach (public and private sector, knowledge institutes, NGO’s)
- Co-creation by technical, ecological and social disciplines
- Based on understanding of the system on a landscape scale
- An inclusive approach working with communities
Building with Nature was originally designed by Ronald Waterman in The Netherlands and further developed by EcoShape in the innovation program Building with Nature. Nature-Based Solutions are actions that work with and enhance natural habitats and systems to help address societal challenges.
By Building with Nature where possible, resilient and adaptive Nature-Based Solutions can be achieved. These solutions do not only address the main function for which they are designed, but have side benefits, such as increased bio-diversity, carbon capture and storage and recreational and health functions. Building with Nature and Nature-Based Solutions are not yet seen as proven concepts.